Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hello owls! I'm still a nocturnal. That's another way of saying that I'm here for you if you need me when others are sleeping. For real.

Waiting to fall asleep is the world's most mundane activity ever. Endless toilet trips, the frequent switching on and off of lights, counting, shifting of sides, sometimes you wonder why on earth the pillow's so hard when it's not. But I guess tonight I'll be dead flat by the time I hit the bed.

That's because I've been watching online movies ever since morning. Wooo hoho, good 'ol Saturday.

And after the last paper on Friday, headed to Bugis with aiman & shar. If you happen to be of the same nature, you'll understand why part of our post-prelim hangout includes choosing storybooks over shopping for shimmering-shimmery lipgloss.

Anyway, I went to macs to meet faddy & shane just to read deathly hallows(which belongs to fad), which she obviously refused to lend me overnight since she had a little more to cover. And last night I had clearly told aishah that I won't lay my hands on that book till As is over. Darn, why must it be such a page-turner.

And you know the song, "My Love" by everyone's favourite boyband(when we were all 12 year olds that is)? I just realised how timeless it is. I mean, of course, music is timeless. It's an art.

But it's funny how I never listened to lyrics intently like how I do as I grow older. I remembered that bus ride when the people behind me were singing that song together, it just got a little melancholic because I listened to the lyrics. All I cared when I was that preppy 12-year-old is how good looking those boys were in the video clip. Like, I ever cared about how blue the sky is and how green the fields are. It's just different the way you perceive it now, and then.

Ms Ng, the lit teacher used to tell us how we can develop different perspectives when we read "The Little Prince" at every stage of our life. I'll prolly try read it when I'm 19, 27, 40 and so on. And see if it's true.

Time has nothing to do with it. And again, I wish even the slightest bit, this could be applicable to our daily lives now.

Weekends are not over yet but I've got a list of things to do:

1) Clean up my ever-dusty study room filled with pink papers strewn all over with illegible handwriting written on em(I've issues with handwriting, all teachers seem to be against it. It seems like I've been doing an amazing job towards doctor-to-be *snorts*)
2) Organize notes into files. Okay, buy more files first. You shouldn't be surprised if you find bio notes in my math file.
3) Go geylang with family
4) Catch up on sleep (ooo, how ironic)
5) Watch No Reservations, kiki said it's good.
6) Don't lose the momentum, dammit.

Nyeh, I'm such a rambler tonight. Good night!

No comments: