Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mr Lim : Tsk. Eh, don't daydream la. Why are you staring at the ceiling and smiling to yourself?

Me : !!!!!!!!!! *class laughs*



***


Utter humiliation.

Ok, firstly, I wasn't dreaming. Ha! I was probably smiling because Khalilah just scribbled "Happy Birthday" on my clean Chemistry notes and I was on the verge of writing her a Happy Advanced Birthday wish on hers. But I stopped dead and decided to check out the number of hours till my birthday's over and to Khalilah's sweet seventeen. So that explains the "staring at the ceiling part" which was apparently supposed to be more of a "counting the last few and also the anticipating hours while looking at the clock"? Besides, it was 5 o clock in the late afternoon. Anyone could fall asleep.

So yes, Happy Birthday to me! *throws confetti*

Who would have thought I'd turn 17 so soon? Toink.

As promised, I'll update today's entry on Saturday's party(see, Hana!) and any other exciting things that's been happening recently. So, it'll be a relatively long entry so it'll just be good if readers can bear with me. And as a matter-of-factly, I think I'm one hell of a long-winded blogger. Sheesh. If only I'm not particular on details.

How Sakinah of that.

While I let memories gush back at this moment, OGL camp was rather fun. Bonded with the house mates well and everything's pretty alright generally speaking. On a more serious note, I personally feel that the games could have been more exciting if the focus wasn't more on water bombs. Speaking of which, I received a convincing call at the end of the camp. So.


This is to certify that
Siti Nuraishah Bte Shaly
has succeeded in making Sakinah(of all people) convinced of a white lie

on 25 February 2006.


Damn it!

You could have been there on that same line I was with her. Her over-exaggerated tone of voice and that tinge of urgency, had definitely got me worried. So yes, I was extremely worried for HANA, a self-proclaimed sick girl, who was responsible for my presence at the "side of her bed" since she somehow got herself into some appendicytis "illness" of hers that landed her in the hospital, which somehow, allowed her to come home on the night she was sent to a ward. *giggles* You asswipes, but I love y'all anyway. (=

So it turned out that they had a surprise birthday party for the three of us: Shane, me and Gabs since our birthdays fall so beautifully on three consequtive days. And when I said surprise, I really mean a SURPRISE. I, disregarding the fact that I was too tired to even bother on what I wearing, was ultimately shocked of all the three(I suppose). I mean, hey, Aishah interrupted my precious sleep and I had to drag myself to Hana's house. I was practically groaning my way there. And the only reason why I made my presence was because I was concerned for Hana despite how beat I was after the camp. High fever and appendicytis eh? Nice one people.

*bows in pride*

So there I was at 8, dragging my feet(wearing a damn torn slippers worn previously for toilet purposes at OGL camp) to meet Ais who had been bugging me to hurry. And gracious me. I was taken aback when I saw Ais. She was all so dressed up and I was over there thinking what the heck would she present herself in such a way to pay a visit for a sick friend. And I was there, with my fugly slippers. And what in the world? Ais was being so paranoid.

Ais : Sakinah, do you think I look nice in this?
Me : Of course! You look great! *continues several compliments*
Again,
Ais : Sakinah, are you sure I look ok?
Me : YES!!!


Ok. If you're asking me, that's not the end. There were more frequent questions similar to those above. Ha! Still, I didn't get the hint yet. And I'll let your imagination do the rest. Including my Oh-My-God-I'm-Miss-Universe shocked expression when I found out it was a barbeque party! Double toinks. So basically, that was my first cake-cutting.

I shall leave all my huge appreciation at the end of this entry.

Despite Hana saying that the party was slightly unsuccessful since the three of us came at each of our different timings, I personally feel that it was really sweet since I had no idea that these people had been organising the party. I love you guys truckloads!

And so, I met a couple of Hana's witty friends. And the bunch of 4E4 people whom I've missed a great deal. Had loads of fun witnessing people being thrown into the swimming pool, eating, eating and eating!



Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket


Fast forward to Monday. When I was about to think that I wouldn't have anymore surprises, guess what? I had more! So yes, my Monyets told me to meet at West Coast. And the thing was, I was particularly psyched about the outing since it feels donkey years since we've last conversed. After much waiting(hehe), they told me to leave school and hit the park. On my mind, I was picturing two lonely bus rides to my destination but somehow, it didn't turn out as I imagined since they surprised me by waiting outside school.

You guys are the greatest. (=

And so, things just got better. A few more white lies and I met with another surprise. Ha. And this surprise was another successful one since I wasn't incredibly suspicious as I imagined nothing better than an ordinary wonderful, fun-filled day with my loved ones at the park. To Eva, Hana, Fad, Ais and Mr Know-It-All, thank you all so so much. This celebration is one of the best and I mean it. I couldn't ask for anything more. A day with you people is enough to make me feel whole. I'm still moved.

And so, we played at the park. *grins* I shan't write much. Some joys are best to be kept to oneself. (= And dinner was great. I love you all in abundance!

And so, today. Today was splendid. Though a long day at school, I got through it happily. And what else should I say about today? Another SURPRISE. This time, it was conducted by my dearest classmates, who put in effort in trying to embarass me as much as they can. I shall declare that you guys totally pulled it off no doubt. I hope you can sense the note of sarcasm in that line. -laughs- But what the heck? They said birthday surprises won't do without fun. And this fun I'm talking about includes making me tour around the school, blindfolded and exhibit myself like a fool. I swear I could feel people pointing and laughing at me. *shuts eyes* Thanks NABILAH for humiliating me!

And did I tell you? Mr Tham called me an "old turkey" for God knows what. I'm beginning to think the nickname and me could click really well today. Absolutely. Ok, so number one, I was brought around the school without having to see, screaming helplessly and trying to break free from Nabilah's grip. So THAT, was rather attention-seeking. Furthermore, they poured flour all over me! On my hair particularly. Old turkey me. I swear my scalp was so flour-y! I had to shampoo vigorously to get rid of them all. And the best part, as the tour ended, I could smell candles. Surprise surprise! I saw my classmates gathered around a table and a chocolate birthday cake laid out right in front of me. And they started singing me a birthday song. And THAT, caught the attention of the whole canteen(OMG!) and suddenly the people joined in and started clapping. Goodness! Can you imagine how red I was!? I mean, all eyes were on me! *hides*

I WAS SO RED, literally. But I was ecstatic nonetheless. This celebration, I can say, was more of a sabotage, since all of us got ourselves absorbed with flour and cream. Revenge is always so yummy. *evil grin* I'm so going to come up with something for that flour and cream!! Anyway, 06S06, thank you all so so much! I'll never erase this celebration you guys planned for me. I shall chuck this in my memory box and never let it slip away. I love you guys many many!! *kisses&hugs*

So the day continued smoothly. And I'm here, typing this away. To sum this whole entry up, my 17th birthday was a blast. It couldn't get any better! :)

So right now, I want to say thanks to everyone who are responsible for my ultimate happiness right now for simply just for a birthday occasion.

Kak Syiqin, thanks so much for the Bollywood video! I love it, like totally! You never fail to inject humour in my life, which I feel, is very meaningful to me. And the Saki Potter you drew, I LOVE IT too! Muacks. And yes, I owe you a movie so let's have our catch-up sessions soon ok? =) Both of us may be busy, but you know I am always here, so do reach out for me. I miss you Bestie! And sis, I'll always remember this :


Image hosting by Photobucket
identical display pictures



Hana, for your sweetest blog entry! You should have been here with me and you'll feel a beautiful sound my heart made while I was reading your touching entry. Hana, you are the engine that keeps us all moving, so for that, I thank you. In response to your entry, if God allows me to, I'll be during your A's, when you get your degree, your wedding, when you get your first kid and when you die. You know I'll always be there. I love you! *hugs tightly*

Fad, for taking your time to bake the cheese cake and tiramisu for us all! I appreciate it so much. *kisses*

Eva & Ais, for having dinner with me. Great organisers deserve a great dinner with the birthday girl. And yes, I did have fun with you guys during our Library Outing! =)

Monyets, for simply being there with me. Like I say, I don't need anything else, but just the presence of you people, is enough on my birthday. May our friendship follows us to our graves and grows stronger with time. I know that nothing, not even time and distance will take our beautiful friendship away. Pitfalls may come along our way, but I know our frienship is strong enough to go through the obstacles. And, thanks for the wordings you guys made. =) I'll keep those forever.

06S06, for the cake, the slippers and the "Does my Bum look big in this?" card(LOL), or in other words, the lacy underwear card. I appreciate it a lot. All of us came as strangers and now, we're great friends. It's a promise. I won't ever, ever forget you guys, not in a million years. You guys have made my 2-months experience in PJC an unforgettable one! I love you all!

Koh Kiat, Chun Wee, Deirdre & Favian, for the Bugs Bunny you guys gave me! 4E4 ALWAYS rock!

Image hosting by Photobucket

4E4



Vanessa, for the M&Ms in that really adorable jar. Nice knowing you!

Nenek, for the really beautiful, shiny green handbag. I'll wear it on some special occasion to show my appreciation! I promise I'll make the family happier! =))

Shaminah, for the CUTE golden pouch!! You ALWAYS make my day with your non-lasting enthusiasm, insanity and of course a pinch of sillyness. Yikes! *winks*

Yanty, for the ear-rings. Heh, I WILL get my ears pierced ok? My, this is SO embarassing! Thank you so much!

Fauziah, for the chocolates. HEH!! You're such a great acquaintance. Let our 2 years in PJC give us opportunity to know each other better!

Hafizah, for sending me an email from the other side of the world. =))

Mom, for the birthday kiss. I'll always strive to make you proud, Insyaallah. *hugs*

Mr Know-It-All(hehe!), for the card with heartfelt words written in it. Funnyhow, each time I read it, I always acquire the exact effect as the first time I read it. You know, like there's this mounting warm glow inside of me, making me feel so complete and making me smile like a fool. Hah! And the book, I'll definitely read it in depth. Thanks for much for everything. Like I mentioned this before, you always have things up your sleeves. Really sweet things. Your surprises are really surprises. =))

And everyone else who convey your wishes. Sorry if your name wasn't up there, as you see, I'm getting older. Thanks a bunch!

*BEAMS WIDELY*

And finally, I'm done with this entry.

Take care all!

No comments: