Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mugging can be a real toot. It will suck every ounce of energy in you and you're left with mental exhaustion and now you cannot think straight. I would do some tweaking in the education system if I can attain such a high authority position to do so.

I came across this book, "Single men are like waffles- Single women are like spaghetti". And the first thing I did was to laugh out loud. The front cover's just amusingly attractive(with the man on waffley-fied t-shirt and the woman with springy spaghetti-like hairdo and they both were looking at each other with intense attachment) .However you want to interpret it, the author states that men process life in boxes(just like waffles). Ok excerpt below.


* * *

What we mean is that men process life in boxes. If you look at a waffle, you see a collection of boxes separated by walls. The boxes are all separate from each other and make convenient holding places. These boxes resemble how a man typically processes life. His thinking is divided up into boxes that have room for one issue and one issue only. The first issue of life goes in the first box, the second goes in the second box, and so on. The typical man then spends time in one box at a time and one box only. When a man is at work, he’s at work. When he’s in the garage tinkering around, he’s in the garage tinkering. When he’s watching TV, he’s simply watching TV. That’s why he can look like he’s in a trance and ignore everything else going on around him. Social scientists call this “compartmentalizing“–putting life and responsibilities into different compartments.

In contrast to men’s waffle-like approach, women process life more like a plate of spaghetti. If you look at a plate of spaghetti, you notice that there are individual noodles that all touch one another. If you attempted to follow one noodle around the plate, you would intersect a lot of other noodles and you might even switch to another noodle seamlessly. That’s how women process life. Every thought and issue is connected to every other thought and issue in some way. Life is much more of a process for women than it is for men.

When the Pasta Princess meets the Waffle Warrior she soon discovers that he does not appreciate marinara sauce on his waffles any more than she can stomach syrup on her pasta. How can the princess and the warrior live happily ever after?

* * *


Again. I want to laugh. Visual impact can inject unforeseen humour. But yes, cannot help but to agree though. Ais and I were having the hell of our time laughing over cocky self-inspiration books, for instance, a book entitled, "How to walk in heels", HAHAHA. Bitchy Hana, that's for you darling (:

Breakfast in the morning with the crazy people(as usual) was great. Out of how many conversations would encompass on the way people eat things? One of the things we discussed about was how people prepare(and probably dress) their very own pancakes on their plates before savouring the scrumptious sweet stuff in your mouth.

This is how I eat pancakes. Let's use the standard pancakes from McDonalds. Ok, I'm not a health conscious, so I don't bother the high-cholesterol and sugar content. So technically, it's always 1 & a half packet of butter for each pancake, and I make sure the syrup has a remaining one eighth left after my meal. And trust me, my pancakes look uber sick because you see a thick layer of high-cholesterol butter as a base for the syrup. And I'll make sure I eat my pancake per piece on my plate(some people prefer eating 2-3 pieces in a clutter). Anyway, there are certain people that cut the waffles into small square pieces first and eat it individually then. I find this intriguing. Very when-I-was-5 style of eating. It's funny how I used to compartmentalize my food(me and my cousin used to do that), and then every mouthful will comprise a fair bit of broccoli, egg and chicken. It feels like doing a simple math sum on fractions but in a form of food.


(And when you see girls eating in abundance, please do excuse them. That's what I call, Pre-Menstrual Gluttony)


First thing and the last thing's on my mind, always. 2,4-dinitrohydrazine, eukaryotic genome, summation, high inflation rate bla blah! Like, I'm damn screwed. Seriously, examinations CAN JUST GO TO HELL(for now).

You know what's the sad thing? I got to take back that exact words soon.
(anyway, i still love the idea of personifying numbers).

Just a passing thought that maybe, I should just take a good rewarding rest.

And yes,



How could I forget? The most talked person ever since 2 weeks ago. Even Aiman knows how to say this, in the most BITCHIFIED MANNER, please.
"Whatever, I'm still prettier".

Beats me in this, totally.

No comments: