Sunday, October 15, 2006

"Ah, the philosophical you again. NO!!"

LMAO. Jingy hates it when I start to go all sober and ramble on and on the way I think about life. But we really had a wonderful time, being our frivolous selves and letting loose while causing the pending of the little kids' turns for a swing. I could use more of re-living the childhood times.


"In the beginning of life, when we are infants, we need others to survive, right? And at the end of life, when you get like me, you need others to survive, right?"

His voice dropped to a whisper. "But here's the secret: in between, we need others as well."


While the rest of the world grapple with the everyday requirements, I spend on my own little quality time reflecting, and listing down the blessings in life. I was subjected to a few episodes and some somethings that really change the way I introspect things. And I read a book.

Have you read a book that completely change your perspective on something? And suddenly the dimensions of life unfold themselves right in front of you, in a form of words, and now you are able to see things differently. But of course I'm still the same person, just getting my soul renewed with a whole load of learning points which taught me to seek the meaning of life. Or rather, to understand the meaning of life.

I have to say again that my life's now been pretty slow. Maybe 10 hours straight of sleeping could explain it all and in between my sleeping routine, I'd just crawl over to continue reading or just watch tv, or just sneak into the kitchen to see what's cooking for break fast and if I'm unlucky enough with having nothing else to do, I'd tuck myself under my covers and start dozing off again. Basically, that's life. Summation has been untouched, same goes for pw and everything else to do with school work. It then occured to me that I haven't had enough to recuperate.

I'll let things kick in once Monday begins.

Last week's PE was good although I swear I was panting like a mad dog and knowing that nothing at that point in time could quench my thirst. Koh Kiat & me could have won that frustrating Orienteering game. We got stucked in the bushes and particularly at our last station(when we found out someone else took down the tag, gah!!) And I could have sworn that that would be the only time I found myself complaining how big the college is *sniggers* And Mr Yaw seems to have clung himself to a new "gadget", looking retarded with his new, shining Kick Scooter. Never thought there could be a fast-paced shift of trends. So now Kick Scooter's the in-thing for the middle-aged?

Some self-proclaimed 60 year-old must feel so honoured to play an intellectual comedian during our Career Talk when Aiman & me slept our heads away. Ok, guilty but she's a cool lawyer, really. Must be a privilege to share her job experiences with the j1s. Media & Tourism talk was ok though it was pretty draggy and too much emphasis on journalism, news-broadcasting and anything along that line. I have always been so eager to know more about the people behind the scenes, namely the producers, scriptwriters, directors, cameramen and etc. but they hadn't talked at all about it. Sangi and me thought we could have gone off for the Healthcare talks instead where they gave a brief introduction on Psychology and social work.

School's more relaxed. 06S04 has been playing taiti in between classes and after school. Ha, we seriously have nothing better to do so we resorted to card games. For an amateur, I think I'm pretty good(LOL).

And that was quite a melancholic Farewell Assembly on Friday. The 7th Student Council sure came up with a brilliant idea on the helium balloons(and the seniors practically released those balloons, letting them fly all the way up to the ceilings of the hall). How nice.

Some new band I've gotten myself stuck to.


Brighter
by Paramore

So this is how it goes
Well I, I would have never known
And if it ends today
I'll still say that you shine brighter than anyone

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's yours and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

Well this is not your fault
But if I'm without you
Then I will feel so small
And if you have to go
Always know that you shine brighter than anyone does.

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's yours and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

If you run away now,
Will you come back around?
And if you ran away,
I'd still wave goodbye
Watching you shine bright.

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's your's and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

I'll wave goodbye
Watching you shine bright
(You shine bright, you shine bright)
I'll wave goodbye tonight.

- - -

No comments: