Sunday, September 17, 2006

Countdown: 1 week to promos.

Ah, bloody hell. I've no idea why the damn school is rushing Promos. And my effed-up combination has no reasonable schedule either. My papers are all cramped up in one bloody week. And yes, Bio and Econs on the same day? I need to be 110% prepared for this or else the horrifying Mid Year results will repeat itself. I'd rather sleep than facing a dejavu. Terrible.

I better make a good comeback. Someone, assure me.

Mr Dennis Yeo effortlessly showed us the light in the tunnel. He told us that we comprise of the top 20% of the rest(bull lah! you may want to point out the top 5 jcs) but you know what? It's true, depending on who you want the "we" to refer to. And come to think about it, we did go through 11-13 grueling years of education. And just ONE more, ONE more year, we're over and done with it. Imagine clinching the title "Survivor of 12-years-of-Education" (not inclusive of your toddler&kindergarten years) and the warmth of embracing that triumph. Yes, we wouldn't give up so easily, would we?

To face the truth, I can easily sense that people are already beginning to make decisions at this crucial point in time, choosing paths. Even at the back of my mind there used to be thoughts lingering whether JC is my place. To get back to my senses, I thought about a few things. For one, I'm sure everyone worked hard to continue their tertiary education in junior colleges. But we weren't cautioned enough. Getting a place isn't the same as surviving though this 2 years of struggle. And I'm certain that I speak for all that no one would want to waste their time here when they've already come so far. And second, I don't do things halfway.

If you ask me, it's true. JC is the most difficult time of all the different education stages I've been through. People claim that even University isn't that bad. And reality check, I am on my way to face another set of Cambridge papers. And I'm better up for it.

So there's only one option left(or rather, the BETTER option). To get promoted.

I believe that the majority see Promotional Exam as another hurdle to cross. I used to be among the people who just want to satisfy the criteria to promote right on the benchmark. And that means, E grade for two H2 subjects and die-die pass my Economics and GP. Ha. -snorts- I'm ashamed of myself.

No. Promos is an exam that prepares you for the big A's. Yup, believe it or not, it is. You need a strong foundation to proceed and survive in the big ocean. Thanks to a few seniors who managed to send across the message that getting through Promos isn't just a passport to get our asses to J2.

Until then, we'll see if I'm up for the A's.

Bet most of you will scoff at this. But yea, nowadays I seem to have toned down a little(may not appear so) and I shut myself in. Naw, not symptoms of depression. I've been introspective lately. On a sidenote, being introspective isn't good.

And no, I am not your average emo girl.

I was super disgusted. In some little, secluded crevices of peejaycee, I never thought that some cheenapoks would exist. So much for Eleanor saying how English we are(ha!). What a big joke. Not implying that we should all speak good English(cmon, admit that Singlish is a form of identity for us all), but didn't Singaporeans make a pact that English is a medium language for communication?

so, so hollow baby.

No comments: