Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hello!

I'm beginning to feel bored whenever I cross over this page. Don't you? I scroll down and I see random entries. Clicks, and more random entries. And it finally dawned on me that life shouldn't be this dull and empty. Maybe technically, my life hasn't by far hit 10 on scale 1-10 on the Boredom Meter(and hopefully it will stay that way), but I certainly think that this blog has reflected so. Unfortunately.

I used to have a close relationship with the virtual world. You should catch my drift. You reach your doorstep, fling your bag to one side, stride your way to your room and lock the door behind you. All in one swift movement. Your mom would ask why. And of many million reasons under the Sun, yours would be to have your eyes glued to your computer screen. And simply just that. What I meant by a close relationship isn't just showing such eagerness for something called a 'computer', but more of the emotions it brings about.

I can describe myself as someone who is easily fascinated. It fascinates me when I first got introduced to chatrooms, online diaries, emails, and every other things that hasn't become a norm. It fascinates me when communication has been made easier. It fascinates me when means of expressing has been expanded that it doesn't take two people to personally meet to do so.

Frankly speaking, my imagination has gone way vivid during the period when I was strongly attached to the Internet. Chatrooms.

"Logging in", it says. And what I pictured was a doorway with hundreds of others trying to stream in. Sometimes, our entries failed. But some people wouldn't give up. We squeezed our way in. And when we finally succeeded passing through the gigantic door, we were greeted by innumerable rooms. At this point, our identities shouldn't be disclosed, or rather, we would be known as what we chose our nicknames to be. Then, we would have to decide on a room to traverse. And when we finally entered a room, we'd see many faces. At times, we'd see familiar faces. The people we've once talked with, or probably more than once. Some people would shrug your presence off, some people would approach you, some would wave excitedly at you, motioning you to converse with them while some busied themselves with their own conversations. An old friend might tap on your shoulder just to say "hi", or a big bully might be waiting boldly for you in a dark corner, awaiting opportunities to hurl words at you. Or a group of giggly girls engaging in discussions regarding the new preppy school uniform and would be happy if you join them. It's a happening world, isn't it?

As happening as the real world we live in. So why can't we just stay there?

Maybe you don't seem to quite understand me. It was like a world in my eyes. A place where you live your life, though short-lived. A place where friendships are formed, free of any evident of stress, where freedom of speech is practised and what I think is a bonus, is a place where love can grow. And don't you dare deny.

I, for one, have experienced affection for people beyond my reach. And to think that such feelings are wonderful is a false perspection. I learnt many things along the way.

The world is beautiful. I soon realise that. Perhaps, chatrooms are the alternatives to derive such bliss. Don't get me wrong, I love MSN, no doubt about that. But even websites such as blogger.com can't portray the climax of my life. A few random entries, and there you conclude my life as boring.

But yes, a short write-up or journal in your blog is just a template of your life. Whether it shows or not, I still find my life exciting, as always.

No comments: