1) Bone protrusion still to be seen on the right foot.
2) A red, sore right eye
3) Aching molars on the right
4) Mundane lectures
5) Continuous dry coughing
6) Mastering the art of Silence for at least a couple of minutes
7) Being a confused goal-shooter in Netball trials
8) Feeling alone
9) Bad hair day
10) Itchy skin with red mosquito bites
11) Confession of exhaustion
12) Wanting to go home at 1 pm
Bet I had none other days as freaky as today.
Getting to know new people has been going on for two weeks now. For being both approachable and being able to approach people easily, I've learnt on certain commonly asked questions that are raised for each time a freshly-new conversation is being engaged. And believe it or not, one of the questions that most people tend to ask after having shook their hands is, "So, are you attached?". At least according to the people I've met so far. I have to admit, I caught myself speaking those words too.
And I don't intend to send a message to all that such a personal question(or not) should not be raised, but I've come to a point where I asked myself, "Does it matter whether I am attached or not?", "Does being single set me apart from the rest?".
It is further intimidating when you have to admit that you've never been in a relationship before. What will these people think of you? Will they think that you're a sucker for relationships? Or probably worse, will this truth turn people off? For one simple reason, people who have not been in one do not have experience. When it comes to serious issues, experience does play a major role. So there goes all your potential partners. She's not experienced, let's move on to another, they might say. So does this imply that singles will never set their foot on a first relationship? Does this mean that your marital status reflects on who you are?
Being single does not mean that you're not beautiful. Being single means you're independent. Yes, no doubt there are bound to be times when the strong urge to be in a relationship kicks in. Everyone wants to own a significant other, a companion. To love and to be loved is the greatest feeling in the universe. Everyone agrees. But being single doesn't stop you from doing what those attached people can do.
Once again, I want to clear this misconception. You don't have to be beautiful to find someone. Being single does not indicate any defect in you. You're still valued and cherished. Someday, you'll find someone.
And being single means utmost freedom.

Not full strength. From left clockwise direction: Jeffrey. Sze Ee. Me. Wei Long. Desmond. Priscilla. Joy.
That's the only neoprint with all of us in it. LOL. Desmond went missing like half of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment