Friday, November 18, 2005

Inertia

Sometimes when you keep on going, you just can't stop. And then, you just wanna keep on going.
But there's friction.
I know, but what if I just can't?

So how?

Today marks the end of a small phase in my life. Despite that, the tinge of emptiness seems rather apparent to ignore. I stare at my books, the papers lying on the floor which had drove my mom to really scream, my effort, sacrifices I made. I shuddered at the thought of the outcome I have to accept, the moment of truth. And then there's the mellow side of me that overtook, which is something I have to deal with as time flies by from now onwards.

Call me crazy, but I want Mrs Choo to fill our tight schedule with maths worksheets again, who is mostly responsible for who I am today for she had demoralised me till I learn how to excel(I won't forget what you had taught me, though it may seem pretty indirect), to assure me that I can get As, to further marvel me with your extreme energy and strength, for being someone I admire and to look up to. Thanks for proving that pure hardwork is the root of success. I want to see Mr Aw using his long wooden ruler again to point at me for being noisy and being the lamest teacher in school, I want Zulkefley to demoralise us and accusing us for being too "mechanical" to even think out of the box. I want Mr Bio to print for us notes though he knows we won't ever read(and for being charming as well). Thanks for being extremely encouraging in our final leg of the race. Thanks to Cikgu who has always been there to listen to me and being very motherly(I won't forget the walk we shared). I owe you a huge thanks, really. I want Mrs Foong to call my name at the exact moment I was about to drift away from her lessons. Thanks for showing us your deepest concern in our academic performances. Thanks to Mrs Cheong for being the most expressive teacher and being comfortable in sharing her different views and perspective on particular issues, Ms Jac Ng for spending our Lit lessons rambling on about your amazing pedicures and shopping trips.

And every other teacher who has been very supportive: Ms Tham for listening to my endless chatter(I love your lower secondary English lessons), Cikgu Marhaini for being a friend in school and showing me the beauty of Malay Language, Ms Patsy Chua for being someone close-yet-so-far to me and filling joy in my last two years in school, Mr Tan for OWING me a pizza treat and forever tickling the heck out of me with your playful behaviour, Mr Raj for simply being charming and flashing your smile each time you see me, Mrs Kartar for scolding me for every smallest thing that can ever happen in a kitchen such as giggling and not bringing a plastic bag and a container, Mr Goh for developing my interest in mathematics, Ms Aida for being such a nice teacher to talk to(and for teaching last-minute maths as well), Mr Lee(oh how can I forget) the school ex-DM whom I've always looked up to till now, Mr Leng for bugging me every second of my time until the day I stepped down as a councillor(you made me realise how reliable I can be), Mr Chan for calling me Syikin and motivating me towards sportsmanship, Mdm Koh for believing of my capabilities, Mrs Christina Choo for being ever-so-caring, Ms Ng for believing in me in the school volleyball team(I could have quitted if it wasn't for you) and for pushing me to my best potential and Ms Gopal for making English Language as an interesting subject.

It seems like the paragraph can never end.

To top them off, I want to school again(in BVSS, that is).
Eww Sakinah
Heehohaheh.

This is called inertia, right Mr Aw?

Oh well, right now, I have 10 black toes to scrub, pimples to remove, polish my filthy hair, acquire the crazy me again, renew myself, grab a prom dress, and hit the dance floor!

No comments: